To advance and grow the sport of adventure racing -- by building a strong community of passionate people, teams, skills, and foster communication.
Our Guiding Principles:
1. Embody teamwork and cooperation
2. Inspire and support athletes of all levels
3. Unify racers, race directors, local teams, clubs, and sponsors
4. Be the leading resource of Adventure Racing in California.
5. Deliver quality information, communication and clinics on all things adventure
More about Us
California ARA is a 501c3 non-profit that uses adventure racing as a vehicle to develop and grow a community of passionate outdoor enthusiasts. We partner with California-based businesses and local parks to help bring the outdoor experience to our community. In 2010, California ARA emerged as the sole organizing body for all California-based adventure race organizers through our establishment of the California Adventure Racing Championship series and the TriAdventure Challenge. In the past year, our camps, skills clinics, festivals and community outreach activities have allowed more than 2,000 people to experience the outdoors through adventure racing.
So far our success has relied on the dedication of volunteers. Our goal in 2011 is to secure corporate funding and sponsorship that will allow us to expand our participant base and broaden our positive impact in the outdoor endurance sports community.